Friday, February 9, 2007

Ice Cream Social Fundraiser

I raised over $600 having a rather small informal ice cream social at my house. I sent out donation letters pointing people to my web site, etc., and then added "or if you live close by, stop by next Friday after work. I'll have ice cream and all the fixings and we'll make it a party!" (not sure of the exact wording I used). This year I hope to extend it to include friends and neighbors. Everyone loves ice cream and I've got a list of toppings to please any crowd. I'm also hoping to have a local ice cream shop donate the ice cream. It was simple, fun, appeared to be a last minute spontaneous thought on my part (which is so NOT me!), and didn't cost a lot.

Karen
Boston Breast Cancer 3-Day 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Kansas City Breast Cancer 3-Day 2005

No comments: